Wednesday, February 6, 2008

10 Things to know when going to IKEA

10 Things to know when going to IKEA

day 150_time freezes at IKEA

1. Start at the top floor and work your way down. I shopped on level one where all the large, bulky items are kept. I ended up with a cart so full of furniture that I couldn’t maneuver it and had to skip all the other floors.

2. IKEA has it’s own time zone. What you think should take one hour will actually take 3-4 hours because there are so many interesting items that shopping becomes a half day excursion.

3. Don’t take the display. I found a wooden organizational box with 3 drawers that I wanted for hair brushes. In my excitement, I pulled the display box instead of the ones just like it that are for sale. Even though I used the Self Check-out Lane, IKEA personnel noticed and wouldn’t let me buy it.

4. Take a copy of the catalog in English. I thought I didn’t really need a printed catalog because I shop online, but my friend pointed out that the catalog has many more items than the website. Lucky for me, I grabbed a copy in English while she is now learning El Espanol (sorry Shannon).

5. You need to take an assistant with you. If you’re buying lots of stuff and need to pull the car up to the loading zone, you will definitely need a friend with you to either stay with your items or retrieve your car from the massive parking lot. We had each other but noticed we’d be s— out of luck if we were alone.



www.ezfurnitureassembly.com

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a person who has had a rollercoaster of a life, with more downs than ups. I spent several years in marketing in which I started entry level and left Regional Marketing Director. I was blessed with a little princess and deiced my life needed an over haul so I started EZ Furniture Assembly & Interior Innovations, LLC with no more than a few screwdrivers, a shoebox of past due bills and a passion to succeed at something I found I really enjoy. Today I run NYC's top professional furniture assembly & kitchen installation companies, and am considered an expert in my industry.