Friday, September 19, 2008

The Best Flea Markets in New York City!

I am an avid antique and vintage furniture collector and reseller. I have decided to provide a list of New York City's Best Flea Markets where you can find almost everything, including the kitchen sink. Last year I had a very unique and intresting client from the U.K.. They more or less gave me the keys to the loft, what they were looking for, and a substantial payment to cover materials and my services. I purchased 90% of the household furnishings from the below listed flea markets at less than a quarter of what they paid me. Upon their return I explained my findings and went to return the balance for the materials, but they were so pleased that they felt it was worth every penny they had initially paid me. Now if I purchased these goods at Vintage and antique stores I wouldn't have been able to get what I got. Whether you are on a hunt for some new digs for your nest, or just like being a flea I strongly suggest the below listed marets. Good luck, and please list any good finds.

NYC Flea MarketsYou can find anything at a flea market, from beaded jewelry to antiques. There is usually quite a range of prices, so shop around if you have time. For farm fresh produce, visit one of the city's many Green markets.
Columbus Circle Market, 58th Street and 8th Avenue, (212) 242-1217
Open Daily from 11am to 7pm
Clothing, accessories and crafts.
-->Annex Antique Fair & Flea Market, 6th Avenue from 24th to 27th St, (212) 243-5343 Saturday and Sunday, Sunrise to SunsetFurniture, Decorations, Jewelry, Clothing, Silver, and Works of Art.$1.00 admission fee
The Garage, 112 West 25th Street, btw. 6th and 7th Ave, (212) 647-0707Saturday and Sunday, 7am-5pmIndoor antiques market
SOHO Antiques Fair, Grand Street and Broadway, (212) 682-2000Saturday and Sunday, 9am-5pmAntiques and crafts, leather jackets and lots of random stuff.
PS 321, Seventh Avenue btw. 1st and 2nd St. BrooklynSaturday and Sunday, 9am-5pmFurniture, clothing, misc stuff
Greenflea, Columbus Ave. btw. 76th & 77th StreetsSunday, 10am-6pmA huge market with indoor and outdoor vendors selling wonderful imports and handmade crafts as well as antiques and books. It's called "greenflea" because there are farmers selling fresh produce as well as flea market vendors.
Noho Market, Broadway and West 4th St.Open seven days a week.This market next to Tower Records has lots of clothing and jewelry, along with tapes, sunglasses, bongs, etc.
Christopher Purnell
EZ Furniture Assembly & Interior Innovations,LLC








































































No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a person who has had a rollercoaster of a life, with more downs than ups. I spent several years in marketing in which I started entry level and left Regional Marketing Director. I was blessed with a little princess and deiced my life needed an over haul so I started EZ Furniture Assembly & Interior Innovations, LLC with no more than a few screwdrivers, a shoebox of past due bills and a passion to succeed at something I found I really enjoy. Today I run NYC's top professional furniture assembly & kitchen installation companies, and am considered an expert in my industry.