Monday, February 19, 2007

Welcome

Hello. My name is Christopher, and I'm the owner and project manager of EZ Furniture Assembly of New York City. We are a professional furniture, fitness equipment, kitchen cabinet assembly and installation service. We also specialize in providing our customers with handyman and other helpful services. I spent a majority of my life working in sales and marketing. When I finally decided to leave this line of work I was the Regional Manager for a major marketing company. I was always told that whatever I decided to do, if I liked doing it it wouldn't be work. Well, when I worked in marketing the income was fantastic and I was living a "GQ" style life. As the years passed I became mentally, spiritually, and emotionally exhausted of this line of work and the entire lifestyle as a whole. I guess there just wasn't any real satisfaction in it for me, except the great income which actually became less important as I got older. I met the most wonderful person in all my life, and decided to move to New York City so we could be closer. Once here, I needed income but knew with every fiber in my body that I didn't want to go back into sales or marketing. I have always been very handy and come from a family of blue collar workers. When I was younger I always worked the summers as a masons tender, or as a carpenters helper. Then as I grew older many of my friends got into the real estate market and it seemed like every weekend I was helping fix or build something. And if you're like me you know and understand the great feeling of happiness and accomplishment you get when you see what your hard work has created or resulted in. So, I started doing side jobs here and there in the city to make ends meet until I found something permanent. After months of doing this I really began to take notice of all the furniture assembly work I was doing, and that there was such a great demand for this kind of service. I decided at that point that I was going to go all in and concentrate on building a business, a future. It's been about a year and it is still like going to school everyday, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have met so many wonderful people and can't begin to explain the feeling I get when I see the customers eyes light up when they the work we've done.

I decided to put this blog together where like minded people would have a place to meet, find and share information, tips, ideas, as well as their experiences. The blog is open to everyone, but I hope it will be the New Yorker's who really get involved. There are so many blogs that deal with an array of home improvement tips already. I want this to be the place where people in the city can share a sale at the Home Depot on 23rd, or how to make a SOHO loft look twice the size with a simple paint job. I hope that everyone from professional handymen, contractors, interior designers, and the like to the do it yourselfer and weekend warrior will find this blog not only informative but interesting and entertaining. I believe this will be just like any other venture I've been a part of, and we will only get out what we put in. If you have a question, ask it. If you know the answer, give it. If you have a story or experience, tell it. If you've been inspired by a story, share it.

I really have no idea as to what direction this blog will go in, but I do know that I look forward to hearing every ones suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism. I will be doing my best to answer any and all questions you may have regarding furniture assembly, kitchen cabinet installation, as well as any other questions you may have regarding your house or apartment. However, I hope that in time we will be able to put together a panel of experts that will be able to provide answers and information that are directly related to the services they provide. But keep in mind that this is an open blog and this blog is built on the concept of like minded individuals helping one another. So, if you know the answer or have a suggestion please share it.

The vast majority of the work we do is on IKEA products, so the first of hopefully many posts will be about IKEA and their products. Plus I've had a lot of this information on our company website and I didn't see any reason why I shouldn't share these articles.

I would like to thank everyone in advance, and hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a person who has had a rollercoaster of a life, with more downs than ups. I spent several years in marketing in which I started entry level and left Regional Marketing Director. I was blessed with a little princess and deiced my life needed an over haul so I started EZ Furniture Assembly & Interior Innovations, LLC with no more than a few screwdrivers, a shoebox of past due bills and a passion to succeed at something I found I really enjoy. Today I run NYC's top professional furniture assembly & kitchen installation companies, and am considered an expert in my industry.