Tuesday, February 20, 2007

IKEA Charging for Bags!!!

IKEA US to charge us for bags in it's workdwide effort to reduce them landing in landfills.

This is something they have been doing internationally for a while now, but they are now unleashing it here in the states. And since our store is yet to be built, it will effect us, so thus why I'm putting it here.

I personally am okay with it, it's 5 cents. Woop. The plastic bags they have are MONSTROUS and easily worth it the nickle. You could bury a gangster in one. So asking five cents for them making you think about if you really need it or not is fine by me. They probably cost them 5 cents anyway, they are that big.

But - and here comes the point whizzing into the lead from behind - they also sell, these equally (if not more - monsterous but reuseable shopping bags made of, basically, woven blue plastic tarp. They normally sell these things for 99 cents but are lowering them to a 59 cents. That's cool because they are actually useful for more than shopping at IKEA.

I personally have these things all over my house. I use them for camping (they hold TWO sleeping bags!) I use them for packing odds and ends when traveling around on weekends. I keep one in each car for when you have grocery bag blowouts or just need a way to carry in a awkward object when lazy and short on hands. I kinda have these things stashed everywhere.

Hell I even have one filled with IKEA catalogs from the last trek to Detroit. Which leads me to this... WANT A CATALOG? I know some folks still can't seem to get one, and this time of year you almst can't get them to send you one at all. I have like 20, muahahah!

Email me back and we'll talk shipping annd junk, all I'll ask is the cost of mailing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a person who has had a rollercoaster of a life, with more downs than ups. I spent several years in marketing in which I started entry level and left Regional Marketing Director. I was blessed with a little princess and deiced my life needed an over haul so I started EZ Furniture Assembly & Interior Innovations, LLC with no more than a few screwdrivers, a shoebox of past due bills and a passion to succeed at something I found I really enjoy. Today I run NYC's top professional furniture assembly & kitchen installation companies, and am considered an expert in my industry.